1. What is the Myanmar e-Visa?
The Myanmar e-Visa is an electronic authorisation from the Government issued in electronic PDF format. It is the equivalent to a visa. The e-Visa is an entry requirement to travel to and within Myanmar for touristic purposes.
Anyone travelling to Myanmar for touristic purposes is required to present a visa at the port of entry.
2. e-Visa for Myanmar Instructions:
- The e-Visa Myanmar is a single or multiple entry visa.
- The e-Visa once issued is valid for three (3) to twenty-four (24) months.
- Single entry e-Visa holders may remain in the Myanmar for a maximum of ninety (90) consecutive days after the initial entry date.
- Once the first ninety (90) days have passed, visitors may renew their visa at the immigration headquarters at the Myanmar Immigration Office and stay an extra ninety (90) days.
- The applicant’s passport must be valid for at least six (6) months from the date of arrival and it must have at least one blank page for the immigration and border control officer to place the entry and exit stamps.
- All applicants must have an individual passport regardless of age.
- Applicants are required to carry a copy of their e-Visa at all times during their stay.
- e-Visa holders are required provide their Point of Entry (where they will provide fingerprints for the final Myanmar approval).
3. Additional evidence requirements:
- Point of Entry: Applicants are required to indicate where they will pick up the approved Visa.
- Recent passport-style color photo:
- The head should be centered in the photo.
- It must show a full, clear, and front view of the applicants face.
- Must have a white background.
- Applicant's head, including both face and hair, should be shown from the crown of the head to the tip of the chin.
- The photograph must be recent, no more than 6 months old.
- All hats or sunglasses should be removed for the photo.
- Applicant’s expression should be natural, with both eyes open, closed mouth, and looking directly ahead.
- Scanned or colour photocopies of your passport photo will not be accepted.
4. Entry Requirements to enter Myanmar
Applicants must travel to Myanmar with the following documents:
- A valid passport valid at least 6 months on entry with one blank visa page.
- A valid visa.
5. e-Visa for the Myanmar.
To apply for an e-Visa for Myanmar, applicants are required to have a current passport, email address and a credit card.
The information provided in the online application such as name, date and place of birth, gender, address, nationality and passport number, needs to be exactly the same as shown in the passport or legal travel document.
To apply for e-Visa Myanmar, eligible applicants may submit their e-Visa online application here.